5. DIRTY NIL-Fuckin’ Up Young
See, I love this because Neil Young has a song called Fucking Up, and this song kinda sounds like a fucked up cover of Neil Young. Even though it’s an original song. And when you hear it, it will carve a hole in the base of your brain and sit there and wail all day. Trust me. Catchy as fuck.
4. BLACKWATER JUKEBOX-Banjo and Breakbeats
The Devil’s music. Get it free here.
3. TV GIRL-Benny and the Jets
This year, I fell in love with DIY band TV Girl. Review here.
2. P.L.O. (featuring Has-Lo, Zilla Rocca and Curly Castro)-The Heat (American Language Remix)
This is fucking awesome, guys. So where the hell is the rest of the album?
1. ‘ALLO DARLIN’-Darren/Dancin’ to Wu Tang Clan
This is really just a single and a b-side (“Dancin’ to Wu Tang Clan”) that is even better than the single. If this were a proper EP, it’d rate even higher. As it is, I couldn’t let my Best Of 2011 lists go by without giving it a mention. Some of the best songwriting I’ve heard in years. Years!
Get it/stream it here.