Actually, 8 reasons and two reasons to love Elvis remixers. And before you start commenting about what an ignoramus I am, I do know that Elvis wasn’t much of a songwriter. But I submit that these songs are Elvis covers because the songs wouldn’t be famous but for The King’s involvement.
1. Little Sister-Pearl Jam. Is there any song Eddie can’t sing well?
2. Stairway to Led Zeppelin-Neil Pepper. The only better Stairway parody is “Stairway to Gilligan’s Island,” which, if you’re lucky, I’ll post some day.
If you get enough plastic surgery, you can impersonate yourself!
7. Play House-Pee Wee Moore. I love this version.
8. Elvis Presley Stole My Car-Drive By Truckers. Not a cover, a tribute, but hilarious.
9. Go here to find a bunch of remixes of The Pet Shop Boys doing “Always On My Mind.” Yeah, they’re about as major lable/un-indie as possible, but I always enjoyed this cover.