Because I support collectivity on the interwebs….Even if nobody ever shouts me out.
Above the fold:
The Dirty Nil have a fantastic sound, a free summer mix-tape (it’s really more of a 4-song EP). It’s available until September 24th. And then it will be gone forever:
Go here. Seriously. You won’t regret it. Or your money back.
Hit the break for more music, FUNNY PICTURES, links links links to good reading….Just hit it.
- 24 bit shouts out some new Beck stuff.
- Get a 1991 Replacements bootleg. You can never have too much of Mr. Westerberg.
- QBIM has a feature on Topanga. Wasn’t that the weird name of Fred Savage’s girlfriend on Boy Meets World?
- You can always count on Captain Obvious for a monthly mixtape of the best indie around.
- The Geisha and the Gugan (direct link mp3). New music from Dead Rat Orchestra. Love the band name!
- Cover Me has a tribute to Bill Withers. I love “Ain’t No Sunshine.” One of these days I’ll post all the cover versions I have of it.
- CD seems to be on a Quentin Tarantino kick, with some interesting musical stylings here and here.
- Here’s a new live set, from Daytrotter, by James Vincent McMorrow.
- Nas meets the Large Professor….Great Hip Hop!
- Ryan’s got an extensive history of Stone Roses
- The 30 Best Underground Hip Hop Albums. Featuring MF Doom, of course.
- Once Upon a Geek has some neat pics of Dr. Fate!