Part three is below!
L is for
- Breed-Local H (Nirvana). Actually, if you follow this link you can find an entire Local H show where they do only Nirvana tunes. It’s pretty good, but it’s in flac format so make sure you’ve got a translation program.
- Love Buzz. Nirvana had two singles-only released for Sub Pop in 1988, and this was the (far) better of the two. (YSI)
- Lithium-The Polyphonic Spree (Nirvana). (YSI)
- Territorial Pissings-The Liars (Nirvana)
M is for
- Mash up #1: Alpha Mend (Prosac’s Mash-up) Vs Röyksopp. A Foo Fighters mash up. I don’t hear a lot of these, and I rarely them as good as this one.
- Mash up #2: Hurt’s Like Teen Spirit. A pretty (deservedly) well-known mash of Nirvana, Blue Oyster Cult, and The Man in Black. If you’ve never heard it, you should. If you have, you know what you’re missing by not copping it today.
- Mash up #3: Smells Like Booty-Destiny’s Child vs Nirvana
N is for
- Nirvana. Here’s “Smell’s Like Teen Spirit,” live in 1992, in a razor sharp, tough-as-nails rendition.
- Smells Like Teen Spirit (nirvana)-Willie Nelson. Yes, that Willie Nelson. You gotta hear this.
O is for
P is for
- Something In The Way (Nirvana Cover)-Port O’Brien.
- My Hero-Paramore (Foo Fighters). Very poppy, but nice enough.
- Smells Like Teen Spirit-Painting Tasters with Rockin Reelers. I’m not sure where I found this (some weird blog) but it sure be strange.
- Pavement’s cover of Lithium (Nirvana cover).
Q is for
- Quiet! I don’t have any Q covers, rarities or anything. It’s one of the hardest letters to do in an A to Z. Come back tomorrow.