- Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim has a free, new Madvillain track! MF Dooooooooooom! They also have a free Bonnie Prince Billy song, and they’ll have more each week. Or you can just get it right here: Papermill.
- The NJ Underground writes about The NJ Pop Punk revival Tour, and offers a free compilation, here.
- Wow. I never thought my kids would see the day when The Rolling Stones, ACDC, and a Marley all had albums in the Billboard top 20.
- Go here to learn about why rappers hold their guns sidewayze.
- I don’t support the vandalism, but I do support this sentiment.
- This guy says he’s a Republican for a buncha reasons that don’t even makes sense . . . I’m not saying I’m anti-Republican, but self-righteous hypocrites drive me crazy. He says:
* I believe in freedom of religion, not freedom from religion. But prominent Republicans like Pat Robertson and Republican Congresswoman Michele Bachmann openly ridicule the Muslim religion and attempts by the Obama administration to hire Muslims.
* I do not believe in big government; and * I believe higher taxes are part of the democratic agenda and lead to a dependence upon a large government. But the Bush administration grew government more than any administration since FDR (he created a whole new Cabinet-level Department!), and he also raised taxes to a higher per capita rate than Bill Clinton and spent way way waaaaaaaay more money! At the same time, Obama has delivered the biggest tax cut since before Ronald Reagan, yet workers are worse off than ever.
* I believe government control of the healthcare industry will destroy the best healthcare in the world; and * I believe that a large standing army is the best deterrent to violence in the world today. Yet increases in the budget of the Department of Veterans Affairs–Government-run healthcare–are always supported by Republicans (and in fact VA health care has been found by independent international review agencies to be the best run large health care system in the world).
* I believe that marriage has always been and should always be between one man and one woman. Yet Republicans in Congress divorce at a higher rate than Democrats–and many of them get re-married.
- Is it too soon to note that Gary Coleman died of a stroke? Get it?
- I love the idea for this post–“popscurities“….
- The Rolling Stones get the Covered in Folk treatment.
- Cover Me has wisely left Blogger before Blogger killed the site. Update your bookmarks, and check out the terrific new look.