The albums listed here are the best debuts of 2008 that weren’t quite good enough to make my top albums list, which will be coming soon. In the spirit of supporting new artists, this is a way to give shout outs to folks trying to make their bones who just barely missed being in my top 40 of the year.
5. SoloMan Spectrum-Soundtrack 2 Life (Self-released) (review). Hip hop.
4. Pomegranates-Everything is Alive (Lujo) (review). Indie pop.
3. Mr. Gnome-Deliver this Creature (El Marko) (review). Heavy psychedelia.
2. Calvin Badness-Go To Your Room (Milkboy Recordings) (review)
1. Clock Hand Strangle-Redshift/Blueshift (Team Grizzly) (review). Indie rock.