This is the rare example of a post written because I found a picture. I recently, on my old site, published a festival of “Toxic” covers, accompanied by some wild Britbrit pix. Then I found this picture.
So, here we go again. More Britney tunes. ‘Cause she’s the greatest songwriter of our generation, and folks would rather cover her than Bob Dylan.
1. Lucky-Blink 182
2. Hit Me Baby Yet Another Time-Blink 182 (live)
That wasn’t right. Britney used to be hot.
No, that’s not it.
3. Gimme More-Sia
No, that’s not it either. I think the hot picture has a snake in it.
4. Everytime-Glen Hansard
5. Britney Spears-Lillica Libertine (a tribute . . . of sorts)
6. Baby One More Time-Nicotine
I love Tori, but that’s not Britney.
7. Baby One More Time-Tori Amos. Tori used to be my blogcrush. In my first year, I posted on her like I now post on the Clash.
Cute. But not quite.
8. B Girl Battle-Britney, Beyonce, Black Eyed Peas’ Fergie
Wait for it . . .
9.Hit Me Baby One More Time-Annie Bethancourt
10. Toxic-The Chapin Sisters