1. Wale is one of the best rappers without an album. He’s a DC local, and he mixes the area’s go-go style with clever, versatile word choices and a whimsical perspective. Check out the best of Wale mixtape, and stop being ignorant!
2. The dead captain has a cool 90s mixtape, featuring Harvey Danger and Blur, among others, but best of all is the title of his post: Annie’s only 12 years old, in two more she’ll be a whore.
3. Fong Songs just did a feature on Canada’s wittiest and second-best rapper, Abdominal. Go check it out, even if you’re not a rap fan, you need to hear “Ill Culinary Behavior,” one of the best jams of recent past.
4. Find out about The Yellowbird Project on Ryan’s site, and cop a new tune from Wolf Parade.
5. Mr. Weiss asks where all the good rap has gone. See points 1 and 3, above, dude. But I totally agree about Lil’ Wayne. About a third of each mixtape he makes is worth hearing.
6. Extra Golden made a jam about Obama. Here’s the hotlink (right click to download).
7. It’s sad, but as I write this “Happiness is a Warm Gun” by The Beatles is on the Hype Machine top 10. They should make an indie-only HM. Speaking of indie, have any of you heard the new (and now indie) Wedding Present album? I’m listening to it right now, and I’m really diggin’ it. Check out the stream on their Myspace page.
8. The Plugg always offers a song of the week, where you can find some cool stuff selected by various bloggers.
9. Sixeyes is a better blogger than me. Always has the choiceness.