Time for another installment. I really got diarrhea of the keyboard this week. Lots of cool items to sift through here, but I think I’ll start with a new feature, before the break:
TOP 5 TRADES OF THE MONTH (April 2011)
5. Bulletproof Coffin (paperback). Image Comics’ critically acclaimed series gets bound.
4. Punisher: Franken-Castle. Thought it looked stupid? Heard all the criticisms? Well, now you can judge for yourself. I recommend it. Yeah, it’s weird. And no, it’s not really a Punisher book. But it is a cool comic book story.
3. The Boys Vol. 8: Highland Laddie. More mayhem from Ennis and McCrea.
2. S.H.I.E.L.D.: Architects of Forever (paperback). Hickman’s offbeat, wild, and exceptional miniseries that has nothing to do with Nick Fury and everything to do with Leonardo Da Vinci. I guarantee you’ve never read anything like it before, and Dustin Weaver’s art is tremendous.
1. Batman & Robin Vol. 1: Batman Reborn. Grant Morrison’s Best Batman Book Ever. And no Bruce Wayne!
Honorable mention: X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills. One of the first, and one of the greatest, Marvel graphic novels gets reprinted at last!
Okay, now hit the break for news about the great Sweet Tooth/Jonah Hex crossover (sort of); the return of the Red Hood; Warren Ellis cartoons; the Deadpool movie; the Luke Cage movie(?); and much more!