1. Sean’s got the new Scissor Sisters. Good song, fun band. Wish it was available for download, not just streaming….
2. Captain’s Dead has a Butthole Surfers concert. My wife dated a Butthole before she dated me. He was a pretty wimpy dude. Didn’t take much to steal her away. Actually, he was just a clarinet player who did a few studio tracks with the bands right about the time the Surfers were in Lollapalooza. They came out with shotguns and fired blanks into the crowd. Good times.
3. 9 Bullets has the top 5 Lucero tunes available for download.
4. Among the recent additions to the live music archive are:
- Spoonman (soundgarden cover)-The Mantras
- Blinded by the Light-Go Kart Mozart (Springsteen tribute) (.ogg) and
- Junk Bond King-Warren Zevon. Heck, while I’m at the Zevonster . . .
- Werewolves of London.
5. The Gobbler’s Knob does shout-out posts, too. Great job! There was a time when a lot of bloggers did this–it was like being in a real community.
6. This is what gets a 10 on Pitchfuck. I can’t disagree, but can they be any less brave?
7. The Nas and Damien Marley album is . . . Boring. Too bad.