1. Southside-Kanye West and Common. From the “Prelude to Graduation” mixtape. And with this, I eagerly await the 9/11 release of Graduation.
2. George Bush Don’t Like Black People-Kanye West and Legendary K.O. And with that, I even more eagerly await Kanye’s press tour.
3. You Never Even Call Me By My Name (David Allan Coe cover)-Band of Horses. Their second album drops soon, and it may be the most anticipated indie rock album of the year. (By me, at least.)
4. Funeral music (Cam’Ron dis)-50 Cent. Come on, admit you’re curious. There’s bound to be at least 2 good bangers on it.
5. All You Need is Love (Beatles cover)-Rogue Wave. They make solid pop, and I’m looking forward to the Asleep At Heaven’s Gate album.
6. Rilo, Feist, M.I.A., . . . They all let me down this year. All were capable of better. In particular, Rilo Kiley’s album was short and still felt like there wasn’t enough there. I mean, these gals can sing, but none of them released solid records. Some really tight singles, but no great albums.
9. Arctic Monkeys’ sophmore album, on the other hand, still kicks ass. If you haven’t heard/bought it yet, do it now. Diamonds are Forever-Arctic Monkeys.
10. And where the fuck are We Are Scientists? Cash Cow-We Are Scientists with Alex Turner of Arctic Monkeys.